Mike Flynn has resigned, breaking a record for shortest tenure of an administration official.
- Fake News propped Flynn up. Real News brought him down.
- Sally Yates warned the Trump team about Flynn a month ago. Three weeks later, she warned them about the futility of defending their Muslim ban in court. For those scoring at home, that’s Yates 2, Trump 0. She must be getting tired of all the winning.
- A Pence spokesperson said that the VP first learned that Flynn had lied when he read a Washington Post story on the topic (although his curiosity was piqued when Flynn kept showing up to meetings smelling of borscht). Either the media isn’t the opposition party, or Pence just joined it.
- Nixon: What did he know and when did he know it? Trump: What did he know and when did he lie about it.
- Mike Flynn and Mike Flynn Jr (fired from the same administration within nine weeks of each other) both spread the Pizzagate fake news. Now, they probably couldn't even get a job at Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria.
- The gravest danger to the republic is that 40% of American still approve of Trump’s performance. (I’m guessing they’re also still holding on to their Pets.com stock, just in case of a turnaround.)
- I have three rules in my house: 1. Be considerate. 2. Clean your room 3. No inadvertent briefings with incomplete information.
- I’m pretty sure Flynn misspelled President Bannon’s name in his letter of resignation.
- Trump tweeted: The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc? (I’d say that the North Korea related leaks are more likely to come from one of the waitstaff working at at Mir-a-Lago last weekend.) Hopefully, the Potus understands that the majority of leaks are coming from his own team — because they’re scared as hell. This adminstration has more leaks than the Oroville Dam.
- Does this mean that Omarosa is one step closer to the presidency?
(And one bonus thought: This scandal is gonna get a lot worse.)